Wellness department to continue offering services over spring break
"I would posit that most people experience positive improvements in their mental health when there is a break from school or work," Owusu-Ankomah said. "This can particularly be the case if the person is intentional about practicing positive self-care — such as engaging in mindfulness or connecting with others — throughout the break."
Call me lame: Spend your spring break resting, not partying
Though many of us may believe it’s time to relax, that is not the consensus for all college students. I mean, there’s dozens of movies about the notorious week in March when college students go crazy on beaches and get in all sorts of trouble.
Waco PD urges apartment precautions over break
“The Waco Police Department works very closely with the Baylor Police Department no matter the time of year,” Shipley said. “If students are choosing to leave their residence for spring break we ask you make sure all doors, windows, garages and gates are locked. Do not leave spare keys outside or with an individual you do not know well.”
Phi Kappa Chi heads back to camp to serve Christ
For over 20 years, members of Phi Kappa Chi — a fraternity founded on serving others — have volunteered at the Christian outdoor adventure youth camp.
Antioch College Ministry preps for ‘Awaken’ trip
Although Antioch has traveled to Edinburg for the Awaken trip for over 10 years, this is the first time it will return since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Over 100 students will be making a six-hour drive on charter buses on Mar. 4.
Don’t feel obligated to travel for spring break
Well, if you are like me and can’t afford to go somewhere, stay in Waco. It can be fun. Over spring break, there are lots to do and even if you don’t want to do any of that, stay home, sleep in and watch some new shows.
How to spring back after break
I can’t say I’ve ever unpacked or thought about unpacking the day after getting back to school, but my personal goal is to have it done within a week. Schedule a laundry and organization day for yourself to gradually get things together.
Think before you post: Don’t let social media steal spring break
I understand social media is a gadget that allows us to inform others about what we’re up to, but know that “college student” and “spring break” don’t mix well, especially in the eyes of those who are not in college.
Baylor springs into break way too soon
Only 20% of colleges across the U.S. have the same 2023 spring break dates as Baylor, with the remaining 80% having their break planned for later.
Lone Star sightseeing: Road trips worth your time this spring break
Texas has a lot of biodiversity in terms of climate and geography, from mountains and deserts out west, forests and gulf plains in the east and the beautiful hill country in between.
Baylor & Beyond takes bite of the Big Apple over the...
While most Bears go off to have their own adventures during spring break, North Russell Residence Hall residents stick together for their travels. This year, Baylor and Beyond, the living learning community at North Russell, will travel to the east coast for a week in New York City.
Feel-good shows for your break binge
Whether you’re looking for something familiar or something a little off your radar for your marathon, hopefully these feel-good recommendations can lift your spirits and get you back into fighting shape for the last remaining weeks of classes.
Out-of-state students nestle in for Waco staycation
For many students, a spring break staycation provides the perfect opportunity to catch up or get ahead on work, binge watch their favorite shows, explore their community and get some much needed rest.
A&L Tunes-day: Spring break edition
Speaking of indie, Hippo Campus is one of those bands that I "gatekept" in high school so that I could remain cool for as long as possible. I'm doing a 180 on that now. Do me a favor and listen to "Kick in the Teeth" by Hippo Campus.