04/15/2014 Sudoku: Answers
The face of transportation in Waco may be changing. The city has hired firms CDM Smith Inc. and RJ Rivera Associates to conduct a study of transportation downtown and to provide an analysis and recommendations for the city. The direction of streets, make-up of sidewalks and routes of buses may be updated in the coming decade.
American dinner tables that sit empty will soon be adorned with meals for the hungry, thanks to a new hunger commission headed by a green and gold alumnus.
At first glance, Pastor Eric Howell of Dayspring Baptist Church in Waco faces a tough crowd every Sunday morning. Scattered throughout the congregation are a number of expert philosophers and theologians from Baylor that keep Howell on his toes. On top of that, Howell has committed what is possibly the one unforgivable sin on Baylor turf — he is an Aggie.
A Texas judge selected a second grand jury Monday in an investigation into whether Gov. Rick Perry abused his power by vetoing funding for public corruption prosecutors, and this time the Republican has retained a high-profile defense attorney to represent him.
Baylor baseball finally snapped its 6-game losing streak in the series finale against the Dallas Baptist University Patriots on Saturday with a 4-7 result. The Bears dropped the first two games due to uncharacteristic pitching from Baylor’s starters.
- Men’s and women’s tennis has winning weekend collectively against Oklahoma and Oklahoma State
- Softball loses two, wins one versus OU
- Acrobatics and tumbling falls in final home meet
- No. 12 softball avoids sweep versus No. 13 Oklahoma with 8-6 win
- No. 12 softball loses 2-0 to No. 13 Oklahoma
- A&T takes on Azusa Pacific at Ferrell Center
- No. 12 softball falls 3-2 to No. 13 Oklahoma
- Canion earns legacy as an all-time Baylor great
Baylor acrobatics and tumbling (2-4) wrapped-up its regular season on senior night Saturday with a loss to Azusa Pacific University at the Ferrell Center.
- Professor infuses stories with human experience
- Tribeca Festival to promote change by showing local films
- Celebrate Waco provides fun for all
- Gravity-defying entertainment returns to Diadeloso
- Art on Elm Avenue shows Waco creativity
- Weather Channel, DirecTV ink carriage deal, ending dispute
- Apparel students to showcase fashion with ‘Pop Couture’
- Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney leaves behind film legacy