Baylor and surrounding areas have experienced 126 reported crime cases throughout the month of October 2017.
- Out of the reported crimes, 62 occurred on campus and 64 of those occurred off campus.
- The most frequent crimes overall were theft, burglary and criminal mischief.
- There were 40 cases of theft, 21 cases of burglary and 13 cases of criminal mischief. All three crimes were also the most frequent in September 2017.
- The next two most frequent crime cases were criminal trespass warning and possession of narcotics.
- The most frequent crimes on campus were theft, criminal trespass warning and alcohol – minor consuming.
- On campus, there were 24 cases of theft, eight cases of criminal trespass warning and six cases of alcohol – minor consuming.
- The most frequent crime areas on campus were near Penland Hall (six reported cases) and McLane Stadium (six reported cases). Both locations were also most frequent crime areas for the month of September 2017.
- There were 10 more reported crimes in the month of October than September 2017 (116 reported crimes overall).