By Rae Jefferson
These cookies have received the Lariat stamp of approval. A breeze to prepare, fun to make and enjoyable to eat, these cookies make for great company on the coldest (or, in Texas, the most tepid) of winter nights.
What you need
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate or peanut butter chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
What you do
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees before you begin.
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl with an electric mixer.
3. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a separate, larger bowl until mixture is creamy.
4. Combine eggs, one at a time, in creamy mixture.
5. Add flour, a little at a time, into mixture.
6. Mix chips into dough. Use chocolate, peanut butter or other kinds of morsels. Mixing chip flavors also works well.
7. Use a tablespoon or hands to place 2 inch balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
Recipe is from www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18476/original-nestle-toll-house-chocolate-chip-cookies.