By Rae Jefferson
I think we can all agree that today is a gift from God himself. In all my years as a Baylor Bear, never have I experienced class cancellations due to inclement weather. Although a possible snow day could mean being stuck inside for hours on end, here are a few things you might consider doing to pass the time:
- Do homework/studying – I understand this may not be a popular choice, but it’s the wise one. Even if you set aside an hour or two for work, it’ll help keep you on track or even give you some time to catch up.
- Have a movie day – How often do you actually have time to watch movies during the day? Or rather, how often do you have time to watch movies during the day without skipping out on actual responsibilities? Take advantage of the free time and get caught up on your favorite Netflix shows.
- Bake – I don’t recommend driving unnecessarily because of dangerous road conditions, but there might be a few things you can bake given the basic ingredients sitting on your kitchen shelves. This is an awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe if you have everything thing it calls for.
- Read a book – I don’t know about you, but I don’t often have time to read recreationally. Today would be a great day to cozy up with your favorite blanket, a warm beverage and a book.
- Have a snowball fight – Assuming it really snows at some point, this is a great activity that Texans rarely get to experience. Worst comes to worst, you can just throw icicles at each other.
- Nap – Today is the perfect day for a catnap. Lounge around and snooze the day away if you please.
- Apply for scholarships/internships – Why not take advantage of being stuck at home? Besides, these are things that could greatly help your academic and vocational futures.
Have fun today, but it’s also a good idea to be wise with the time you have.